A Solid State Drive must initialize or partition before its use in your PC. This is not compulsory to follow these stages, if you are doing cloning to Solid State drive as well as a clean installation of operating system of computer. Thus, cloning to Solid State Drive or clean installation of operating system will partition or initialize a new superfast SSD in your computer.
Reasons for initializing of SSD
An SSD need to initialize for use in PC because of several reasons. Some important are mentioned here;
- When a hard drive or solid state drive is not showing within the file explorer. At this time, you require a proper initialization procedure for SSD. Or you may assign a letter to the Soli State Drive of computer.
- For the use of a modern brand of Solid State Drive in your PC, you may require the initialization of SSD.
- When you open the Disc Management windows and Solid State Drive displays the ‘Disc Unknown’ that is not initialized, now you require to initialize an SSD.
- If you are facing the system errors which need an SSD initialization procedure to solve out, then you should get them down. This whole will be done before the ‘Logical Disc Manager’ of your operating system that can get access to these errors.
How to initialize an SSD
Only steps 5 to 9 will be required for the simple format of an SSD, assuming that Solid State Drive has been initialized before.
- Connect the Solid State Drive as secondary drive along with loading of windows from existing drive of computer.
- Through right click on the PC, open the ‘Disc Management’ within the windows of 7 or older and select the ‘Manage’, after that ‘Disc Manage’.
- Move the computer mouse towards the lower left side of PC within the windows of 8 or later, click on the start button, and then choose the ‘Disc Management’.
- After opening the ‘Disc Management’, a single pop up will observe, and then prompt to initialize the Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Choose the ‘GUID Partition Table’ (GPT) or select the ‘Master Boot Record’ (MBR), then press ‘OK’. Master Boot Record is the best option for the compatibility of particular legacy software, whereas GUID Partition Table is good for new developed operating systems.
- Choose the modern ‘Simple Volume’ after clicking at the area of ‘Unallocated’.
- After the opening of new simple ‘Wizard Volume’, press the ‘Next’ button.
- Now leave the particular ‘Volume Size’ that behaves as the greatest value i.e. default figure, then press the ‘Next’ on the PC.
- Choose the ‘Drive Letter’, then right click on the ‘Next’ option on the screen.
- Within the screen of ‘Format Partition’, select a volume level i.e. a name you want to give SSD, and then press ‘Next’ option.
Now this Solid State Drive is completely formatted and clean. This is ready for use of operating system as well.