With the release of the Best SSD for Macbook Pro Mid 2023 , there has been an increased demand for solid-state drives (SSDs) that can handle the demands of the new device.As technology continues to advance at a rapid pace, the need for faster and more reliable storage solutions has become increasingly important. This is especially true for Macbook Pro users who demand high-performance and efficient storage for their daily tasks.
Choosing the best SSD for your Macbook Pro Mid 2023 can be a daunting task, especially with so many options available in the market. To help you make an informed decision, we have compiled a list of expert recommendations for the best SSDs that are compatible with your device.
Whether you’re a creative professional who needs fast storage for video editing or a student who requires a reliable drive for schoolwork, our guide will help you find the right SSD for your needs. So, without further ado, let’s dive into our list of the top SSDs for Macbook Pro Mid 2023.
The Solid State Drives that we recommend here are listed depending on our own preferences and opinions. These are not made in this sequence.
1. Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E500B/AM 2.5 Inch SATA-III 500GB Internal SSD
- Designed with the latest V-NAND tech, optimize performance for regular computing.
- Rendering large-sized 3D data and 4K videos that are used by modern applications.
- Enhanced sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s and reads speeds up to 550 MB/s.
- Secure data by choosing protective choices provides 256-bit AES hardware.
- IEEE 1670, TCG Opal, large compatibility, 5 years limited manufacturer warranty.
- SATA III, 2.5 inches, 6 Gb/s, 7 mm SSD, trusted quality, and durable features.
- Upgraded reliability by 1.5 million hours, user manual (Brackets, cables, screws not provided).
- TBW is higher up to 8X, with greater fluid communication with respect to the OS of the MacBook.
- Upgraded with 12-78GB buffer size, latest MJX controller, and TRIM support technology.
- Large storage size of 500GB, ideal dimensions 0.27 x 3.94 x 2.76 inches, 1.76 ounces weight.
2. Western Digital 3D NAND 500GB WD Blue SATA III Internal SSD
- Upgraded with sequential write speeds of more than 530 MB/s and read speeds of more than 560 MB/s.
- TBW 500, MTTF 1.75 Million, enhanced reliability, Telcordia part stress analyzing.
- Lab certification FIT to increase compatibility for vast computing range.
- 25% fast power draw-up, lower than older WD Blue generations, NVMe interface.
- With 5 years of a limited manufacturer warranty and the software is freely downloadable.
- Monitor the health of SSD and clone it, back up all data features, and optimize performance.
- The large storage capacity of 500GB, one 2.0 USB port, and 1.3 ounces SSD weight.
- The ideal dimensions are 2.8 x 4 x 0.3 inches, 6 Gb/s SATA, interface hard drive.
3. OWC Aura Pro 500GB Upgrade for MacBook Pro along with Retina Display
- Superfast sequential write speeds up to 494 MB/s and reads speeds up to 530 MB/s.
- Designed for a 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina display, compatible with early 2013, mid-2012, and late 2012.
- Redesigned OWC SSD 3rd Gen Pro Aura 6G, 3D premium NAND flash, released in 2018.
- Latest controller tech to regulate cooling and use power, improved battery timing for MacBook.
- Provides 5 years limited manufacturer warranty, and a maximum usable capacity of 500GB.
- The usable capacity of the format is 465 GiB, with high-performance flash, and 3D TLC (Triple Level Cell).
- Over provision of 7%, SM2258 silicon motion controller for your MacBook Pro Model.
- Random speeds of 4K write IOPS 72000 and random 4K read speeds IOPS 80000.
- Write latency and read latency are smaller than 0.1 ms, endurance flash drive.
- Optimize background, and reliable performance, and maintain SSD health and features.
- Developed with the lightest weight of 0.16 ounces and ideal dimensions of 0.1 x 3.5 x 1.3 inches.
4. Crucial 500GB SATA 2.5 Inch MX500 3D NAND Internal SSD
- Upgraded to superfast sequential write speeds up to 510 MB/s and read speeds up to 560 MB/s.
- Supported with random write and read speeds up to 90K and 95K respectively for all kinds of files.
- Featured with 3D NAND micron technology, boost up the entire operating system of the MacBook Pro.
- Integrated with power loss immunity, reserves entire saved data if power gets cut suddenly.
- Hardware-based encryption AES 256-bit saves data from multiple hackers or thieves.
- Optimize performance, unleash creativity, up games, and accelerates OS with Crucial MX500 drive.
- Crucial SSD provides 5 years of limited manufacturer warranty and the best customer support service.
- A combination of security, quality, and performance; thoroughly proven, tested, and tried.
- Enhanced storage capacity of up to 500GB, solid construction, creates blistering speeds.
- Designed with ideal dimensions of 2.76 x 4.06 x 0.28 inches with 0.352 ounces weight.
5. SATA 3D TLC SSD 256GB Flash Drive for MacBook Pro Retina
- Designed for ‘Apple MacBook Pro Retina, A1398 15 inches, A1425 13 inches.
- Created in Early 2013, mid-2012, and late 2012, not for A1398 late 2013.
- AHCI drive SATA III has superfast sequential write speeds of more than 520 MB/s.
- AHCI drive SATA III has blazing-fast sequential read speeds of more than 550 MB/s.
- Manual INDMEM guideline provides an installation method for OS MacBook Pro.
- Two screwdrivers to open MacBook include all necessary tools in the package.
- The better support service center offers a one-year limited manufacturing warranty.
- SMI2258XT controller, Apple proprietary connector 7 +17 Pin specifications.
- TRIM support, 4.6 ounces weight, ideal dimensions 0.98 x 5.31 x 3.94 inches.
- Enhanced flash memory size of 256GB, boost up performance for all functions.
6. SanDisk Extreme 6.0Gb/s PRO 240GB SATA 2.5-Inch SSD
- SanDisk SSD designed with Cache Pro-tech provides sustainable greater performance.
- Superfast sequential write speeds of more than 520 MB/s and read speeds of more than 550 MB/s.
- Integrated into a longer 33% laptop life span, boosts the performance of the operating system MacBook.
- Background garbage accumulation, TRIM support, free up or clear unallocated blocks.
- Lower latency, TBW endurance, SMART integrate monitor, maintains SSD’s health to avoid data loss.
- Durable and reliable construction, good quality, and high levels of performance features.
- Powered with a large capacity of 240GB, the drive is the only style, rigorously tested, and created on high standards.
- Developed with lightweight 1.92 ounces, ideal dimensions of 2.75 x 0.28 x 3.96 inches.
7. MECHREVO MacBook Pro Retina 512GB SSD
- Designed with 1:1 regarding real interface SSD, gives the best upgrade solution to MacBook.
- Integrated with flash 3D NAND tech, provides the highest performance to OS MacBook.
- Offers blazing fast sequential write speeds of 470 MB/s and read speeds of 550 MB/s.
- No use of adapter cards, save money, pre-installed OS MacBook 10.13, play and plug.
- The package includes necessary tools along with a video having disassembly instructions.
- Enhanced battery timing for MacBook via modern ‘Master Control’ technique.
- Designed to reduce power consumption and operating temperature while working.
- Every drive is analyzed professionally and gives 6 years limited manufacturer warranty.
- Supported with advanced specifications of APFS like quick directory sizing, and better space management.
- Space sharing, storage encryption, cloning of directories, operating at 14-176°F, and copying on write metadata.
- Ideal dimensions of 0.71 x 6.5 x 3.86 inches with lightweight of 2.5 ounces.
8. MCE Tech 2TB Upgrade for 13″ & 15″ MacBook Pro Retina Internal SSD
- Upgraded with a flash all-in-one solution, offers everything required to get the job done accurately.
- SSD is compatible with all types of MacBook Pro OS Lion 10.7 via MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14.x.
- Ever drives with the highest performance, developed for MacBook Pro Mid-2012 model.
- Super-fast write speeds 520 MB/s and read speeds 540 MB/s, capable to continue the required task.
- Powered by the highest storage size of 2TB, usable capacity to work without external tethering drives.
- Screwdriver Torx T5, Screwdriver Pentalobe, and all necessary tools are included in the bag.
- Installation illustrated guide helps in faster and easy installation, greater capacity SSD a breeze.
- Provides pre-loaded cloning software on SSD, allowing to clone real SSD to USB flash drive.
- Created for MacBook Pro Mid 2012, early 2013, late 2012, 13″ and 15″ along with Retina display.
- SSD has 8 ounces weight and is designed with ideal dimensions of 1 x 8 x 6 inches.
Now you’re ready to buy the best SSD to replace the old traditional HDD of your MacBook. Which solid-state drive should you need to consider? Here is the Buyers Guide that helps you to understand some important factors related to the best SSDs for your MacBook Pro Mid-2012.
The cost of an SSD in the market has been decreasing drastically. For instance, the cheapest solid-state drive has a cost greater than 100$. Whereas, the most expensive SSD costs over 1000$. This cost allows you to get the latest Mac device. Thus, an initial thing to consider is its budget. Ask yourself, how much money you can afford to buy the latest solid-state drive for MacBook Pro 2012. For instance, in between 100$-150$ or 200$ so on. Note: a low-cost drive doesn’t mean this is not better quality. There are multiple other factors like brand and size that affect cost.
The storage size of a solid-state drive is a significant factor that you need to consider. Now at this time, it is not general to observe drives available for users having smaller sizes than 500GB. This 500GB is the most basic storage capacity that you can get from multiple manufacturers. It is due to smaller drivers that are commonly more expensive and slower regarding price per GB.
As the technology of the camera has improved, videos and photos have normally larger-sized media files. If you’re habitual to syncing such media files via Mac, then more chances that Mac would be filled rapidly than ever. Thus, if you’ve required large storage, then you must consider a 1TB or 750GB SSD. You may choose 4TB storage, but this may be overkill or a more expensive way.
This is a common saying that in terms of speed, the worst solid-state drive is miles ahead compared to the hard disk drive. But, all solid drives are not equally synthesized as well. SSDs with greater storage features are faster in reading and writing. However, the difference is not the day or night. For the majority of MacBook Pro Mid-2012 users, a low-price SSD with greater storage size is sufficient to fulfill regular computing requirements. Those people who have an interest in workstations, design, and development need MacBook to migrate large data files. They overcome the request quickly. So, must consider high-performance and high-budget SSD.
Purchasing a solid-state drive is a serious business and a great investment as SSDs possess your whole business or personal data files. You do not need to buy a solid-state drive having defective and insecure features or from a manufacturer who can’t provide customer-quality service. This is the reason choosing the right brand is essential. For instance, I would like to get products from trustworthy brands like SanDisk, Apple, Crucial, Samsung, etc.
Regarding drive manufacturing companies, another element that the brand considers is its warranty and quality. For instance, my research has recognized me Samsung brand develops its own firmware, SSD controllers, and storage memory. This gives me trust in this company that it has the ability to put together and design the whole drive from initial to final. Moreover, the brands Samsung and Crucial also provide a 3 to 5 years limited warranty for all SSDs.
The sequential write and read speeds determine an SSD’s performance. A read speed determines how much time is taken by an SSD to open a file. Whereas a write speed determines how much time is taken by an SSD to save something. The greater numbers have significant values. An affordable SSD usually has lower write/read speeds in most cases. But, these SSDs are still efficient for the average user as these designs are for multitasking and booting. If you have an intensive photo rendering or editing and workflow requiring video, a more expensive and faster drive pays off.
This is not a simple process to get your whole files over the latest SSD. Various SSDs have been designed with pre-partitioned. Thus, a part of storage has already been determined as a backup. It may also design with software that helps you to migrate and easily transfer data files from the previous drive to the new drive along with management of various firmware updates.
How We Choose
Our expert editors and reviewers test solid-state drives depending on design, capacity, and write/read speeds. We have evaluated their real performance with respect to actual usage situations, loading games, productivity multitasking, from boot time, and to initial loads. Our experts also analyze each system as a significant proposition, may or may not an SSD justifies the cost tag or its comparison among competitive drives. All SSDs models tested were bought via liveware. No SSD review was furnished by retailers or manufacturers.
4-Step Guide: Upgrade of MacBook Pro Mid 2012 to SSD
The upgrade of MacBook Pro Mid 2012 to an SSD consists of four following steps;
Step I: Backup MacBook Hard Drive
The simplest method is the ‘use of a Time Machine’. A user can also clone Mac HDD to an external one. A cloning process is complementary to backups. For example, Time Machine is necessary for additional portable drives. It helps to make and get up your MacBook to run again in a few minutes with respect to any errors/crash system while updating.
Step II: Develop a MacBook OS USB Bootable Installer
This step of the USB installer helps you to boot up your MacBook quickly in any situation. Particularly, this is done when there is no availability or usage of the Internet Recovery option. You need to prepare one USB flash drive along with greater storage due to files of the latest MacBook OS that don’t have a smaller volume.
Step III: Install SSD and Open MacBook Case
It is a basic part that requires additional care. Any kind of misconception may destroy your whole MacBook Pro. Luckily, OWC SSD has been designed with detailed videos and instructions. You must watch this instructional video before the start.
Step IV: Continue MacBook OS Installation & Migrate Data
As you complete the replacement work of the SSD, switch in the flash drive USB to MacBook. Now click on the button on MacBook Pro Mid 2012. Then, hold the down button ASAP while you listen to the reboot ring. Choose the disk title ‘Install MacBook OS’, and install OS to MacBook. After this, you can use a ‘Time Machine’ for restoring the whole data information.
1. What are the best SSD options for the Macbook Pro Mid 2023?
There are several top-performing SSD options for the Macbook Pro Mid 2023, including the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, Crucial MX500, Western Digital Blue SN550, Seagate FireCuda 520, and Kingston A2000.
2. Which SSD brand is the most reliable for the Macbook Pro Mid 2023?
Samsung is widely regarded as one of the most reliable SSD brands, with the 970 EVO Plus offering exceptional performance and a long lifespan. Other reliable brands include Crucial and Western Digital.
3. How much storage space should I get for my Macbook Pro Mid 2023 SSD?
This will depend on your individual needs and usage habits. However, it’s generally recommended to opt for at least 512GB of storage space, with 1TB or more being ideal for those who need to store large amounts of data or frequently work with large files.
4. Will upgrading my Macbook Pro Mid 2023 SSD void my warranty?
No, upgrading your SSD will not void your warranty as long as you use a compatible SSD and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation.
5. How can I choose the best SSD for my Macbook Pro Mid 2023?
When choosing an SSD for your Macbook Pro Mid 2023, consider factors such as read/write speeds, storage capacity, reliability, and price. You should also ensure that the SSD is compatible with your specific Macbook Pro model and has the necessary connectors for installation. Finally, reading reviews and comparing performance benchmarks can help you make an informed decision.
As you need to upgrade your MacBook storage, this is no doubt that you want an enhanced storage capacity. However, your considerations shouldn’t stop there. This is better to select a solid-state drive that gives storage capacity which is efficient to write and read on. An SSD should also be reliable and long-lasting.
It is based on which type of SSD is needed for your MacBook Pro. If this was earlier than 2013, your MacBook Pro will require a ‘SATA SSD’. Whereas those who are using older MacBook Pros than this will need ‘PCle SSD’. A variety of SSDs are present in each category, above all, we need to find the best SSD. Consider the required storage and select the right one from the above picks to upgrade your storage of MacBook Pro Mid-2012.